Business Process Management System (BPMS)
BPMS is a foundational framework that puts your organization’s policies and processes into action. Three important aspects of institutionalizing any process – Cross-functional ownership, Process deployment & Risk mitigation framework are addressed simultaneously during BPMS implementation.
This is an expert facilitated on-site implementation involving facilitated workouts, on-ground implementation, reviews and coaching.
Business processes are usually cross-functional in nature. Lack of clarify, communication gap, overlapping responsibilities, etc., lead to silos in organizations. On a long run, such silos create rigid brick wall structure within functions and paralyze the entire organization, ultimately impacting customer experience and business goals.
BPMS is a well-proven process centric systematic approach to creating and enabling a cross-functional matrix organization that puts customer and business requirements at the forefront.
- Cross Functional Ownership
- End-to-End Process Ownership
- Inter-department hand-offs
- Process Deployment
- Cross-functional process maps
- Inter-departmental SLAs stack-up for Customer SLA
- Mapping of critical outputs, customers, inputs & suppliers
- Process Performance Governance Mechanism
- Risk Assessment Framework
- Key business risks & mitigation plan
- Business continuity planning
- Escalation matrix
- Control Plan
- Process Centric Culture
- Create Buy-in for all Departments
- Drastic reduction in fire-fighting
- Fact/data based decision making
- Mistake Proof the Process
- Time-bound exercise