Carpet Bombing is an expert facilitated solution to streamline the process for lower cost, process defects & higher throughput. It involves systematic cleanup of value stream using lean tools such 5S & Muda (waste elimination).
Why Carpet Bombing?
Even world class processes assimilate inefficiency and fat over a period of time, immaterial of how well it was originally designed and implemented.
While we heavily depend on technology & automation to keep the process efficient, business dynamics such as changing customer requirements, inconsistency in supply, adhoc requirements, competitive pressure, new products/configuration, etc. drag the process to assimilate wastes such as delays, rework, duplication, inventory, too many approvals, etc.
Carpet bombing, as the name suggests, is a highly focused team activity that provides drastic improvement in a matter of 2 or 3 days. Improvement opportunities are identified and implemented within a day or two because all necessary stakeholders are involved in the exercise.
- Pre-work Study
- Value Stream Map Creation
- Carpet Bomb for 8 Wastes
- Sort and remove 8 Wastes
- Redesign process without wastes
- Implement changes immediately
- On-going audit
- Measurable results in the business processes such as,
- Reduction in direct FTE Cost
- Increase in Quality (Defect Reduction)
- Increase in throughput
- Increase in customer satisfaction
- Operations Processes both in Manufacturing and Services
- Supply Chain Operations
- Back office processes
- Retail Operations