How To Perform Win-Loss Analysis.
Unlike Lost Sale Analysis, Win-Loss Analysis aims to take a comprehensive approach to studying the reasons for improving the sales process by evaluating orders Won and orders Lost.
Learn more about Why doing Lost Sale Analysis is useless? and the Benefits of doing a Win-Loss Analysis
Here are the steps to perform Win-Loss Analysis
- Collect a sample of both customers where we won orders as well as lost orders. Make sure you select the right ones
- Do some homework about each of those cases such as customer profile, persona, sales time lines and customer journey
- Seek interviews with customers
- Hone your interview skills as questioning, probing, listening, observation (non-verbal) skills
- Keep the interviews crisp
- Validate customer satisfaction with respect to product, features, price, finance options, sales experience.
- Probe and understand decision drivers such as consideration set, decision makers, influencers, objections etc.,
- Don’t put words into customer’s mouth and don’t expect perfect answers
- Also don’t assume that there’s always a problem for non-purchase
- Record your observations
- Study them later for patterns – both between and within Win and Lost Cases